The Quality Data Model: Past, Present, and Future
MAY 30, 2012
By attending this webinar, participants where be able to
understand the importance of QDM in measure development. Furthermore,
participants where able to learn how QDM plays a role in defining the measure’s
grammar and help define how clinical quality measures should be written. NQF
staff and Health IT experts led a 90-minute webinar including discussion and a
Q&A session. This free virtual forum was open to the public and provided a
valuable opportunity for participants to understand the basics of the Quality
Data Model and its structure. Participants walked away with an understanding
why a model is necessary and its role in creating an eMeasure. Participants also
gained insight into the current and future states of the QDM as well as
perspective on practical implementation.
Please note: Based on the December 2012 iteration of the QDM, slides 22-29 are out of date. Please see the QDM December 2012 webinar for the current QDM information.
This virtual forum:
- Provided an introduction to QDM
- Explained how the QDM is the grammar of an eMeasure
- Presented plans for modifying the QDM and anticipated future development
- Discussed practical tools and experiences of implementing the QDM from the measure implementer perspective
Who Should Attend?
- Eligible providers and hospitals planning to implement eMeasures in the near or longer term
- Electronic health record (EHR) and other health IT vendors working with eligible providers and/or hospitals to implement eMeasures used to support meaningful use
- Measure developers planning to develop measures in an electronic format
- Any healthcare stakeholder who wants to better understand the impact of implementing eMeasures for performance measurement and quality improvement
Contact and Login Information
The webinar URL and dial-in information will be e-mailed to you before the event. If you have any questions, please contact Juliet Rubini at email@example.com.
For more information, please visit the Quality Data Model project page.