The National Quality Forum (NQF) operates under a three-part mission to improve the quality of American healthcare by:
- Building consensus on national priorities and goals for performance improvement and working in partnership to achieve them;
- Endorsing national consensus standards for measuring and publicly reporting on performance; and
- Promoting the attainment of national goals through education and outreach programs.
NQF’s vision is:
- To be the convener of key public and private sector leaders to establish national priorities and goals to achieve healthcare that is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable;
- That NQF-endorsed standards will be the primary standards used to measure and report on the quality and efficiency of healthcare in the United States; and
- To be a major driving force for and facilitator of continuous quality improvement of American healthcare quality.