2012 Application Information
The application period for the 2012 National Quality Healthcare Award is now closed. The award will be presented in a ceremony in September 2012 in Washington,
Organizations eligible for the award include those that provide direct patient care and publicly report
performance data under voluntary or mandated reporting programs. Eligible
organizations include integrated health systems, individual hospitals, hospital
systems, multispecialty group practices, and chronic care programs.
The National Quality Healthcare Award is selected through a blinded review by a
panel of jurors, using a uniform set of scoring critieria.
Each application is reviewed and scored independently by at least three jurors. The
top performing applicants will advance to a final review by the full jury,
where the award recipient is selected. The jury will also look for examples of
best practices that could contribute to the overall body of knowledge and help
inform other organizations regardless of their size.
- Effective prioritization of performance improvement goals
- Well-designed and deployed “dashboard” to measure and manage whole system performance
- Commitment to transparency
- Data-driven improvement of the National Quality Strategy (NQS) priorities, with an emphasis on patient-centered care,
patient outcomes, reduced costs of care, and elimination of disparities
- Demonstration of readiness to assume responsibilities of an accountable care
organization, guided the organization’s strategic goals and focusing on
collaboration and alignment
- Demonstrated results on publicly reported performance measures